Purina Covid Information as of July 2021
For more than 80 years, Purina has been a leader in pet care and nutrition. As part of our mission to show the world the true potential of pets, Purina has been hosting outdoor dog shows and sporting events for the past 16 years and has become an important partner of kennel and parent breed clubs. With the opening of the Purina Event Center, Purina Farms has become a full-service destination for cat and dog enthusiasts who want to host, participate in or attend an indoor or outdoor show.
- The Purina Event Center, an 84,000-square-foot state-of-the-art indoor facility that opened in August 2010, can accommodate even the largest of dog and cat shows and performance events, and includes all the amenities to make every event exceptional.
- The Great Hall is a 45,000-square-foot main exhibition space featuring custom-textured sport flooring that is padded for optimal comfort and safety. Space for 150 overflow grooming stations is available in the hall.
- The Gateway Hall is a 13,500-square-foot space for benching and grooming, and features easy access to the dog bathing room and handler changing rooms. It also serves as an excellent exhibition hall for smaller shows and trials. Ample electricity accommodates more than 150 grooming stations.
- Lighting in both exhibition spaces is designed to approximate natural sunlight, helping provide the best showcase for dogs’ and cats’ coats.
- The fully equipped show office has a built-in sound system, as well as a phone, office equipment and both work and storage space.
- The Checkerboard Café, adjacent to the Great Hall, provides food service at all shows and banquet catering by reservation. No outside food is allowed on the property.
- The Founder’s Room on the second level offers an excellent view of all activities taking place below and can accommodate banquets, meetings and special receptions. The balcony off the Founder’s Room also offers scenic views of the main exhibition space, and is ideal for recording shows.
- A large conference room is located on the second floor.
- The Service Center, located behind the Purina Event Center, features an exam room, meeting space, showering facilities, dog bathing tubs and an off-leash canine exercise area adjacent to the building. There are also dog bathing tubs in the Event Center adjacent to the grooming area.
- The Purina Event Center offers complimentary agility, rally and obedience equipment as well as ring gating, tables and chairs.
- Artificial turf (90 x 110 rings) is available upon request for indoor agility trials.
- We provide ample parking for vehicles, as well as full-service RV spaces with 30- and 50-amp electric, water and sewer connections.
- There are multiple drop-off lanes for exhibitors and clubs to load and unload supplies and equipment.
- A separate loading dock is located on the west side of the building for large deliveries.
- Two special tribute walkways, the Walk of Champions and the Path of Honor, lead to the north and south entrances of the building.
- Wi-Fi is available inside the Purina Event Center and the adjacent RV lot.
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT SITE
Purina Farms is located 45 miles southwest of St. Louis in Gray Summit, Mo. Purina Farms is handy to reach from Interstate 44. Simply turn north at the Gray Summit exit (Exit 253) on Interstate 44 and travel two blocks on Missouri Highway 100. Go left on County Road MM and the entrance to Purina Farms is one mile on the left.
- Food concessions are available at the show site.
- Handicapped Access: Purina Farms is fully handicapped accessible
- Purina Farms website: www.purinafarms.com
Show Hours: 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
RV Parking: Purina Farms charges a fee for camping. Please check the policies and reservation form on the BCSA website, and make your RV parking reservations through BCSA.
No reserved vehicle parking. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. No spaces will be reserved or saved with traffic cones, ex-pens or any other equipment. Everyone must follow the instructions of the Grounds Committee.
Day Parking: There will be no charge