First of all, I would like to thank the Nominating Committee for asking me to serve as President of the Border Collie Society of America. I realize the importance of having continuity in the club and cohesiveness among the members. We are all here to celebrate and preserve this wonderful breed, and we show our dedication by our participation across all venues. While I have mainly competed with my dog(s) in herding, agility, obedience and rally, I have the utmost respect for those that show our beautiful breed in the show ring.
I have been a member since 2006 when I got my first Border Collie, Score. As our Border Collie crew increased (up to five now), we ended up buying a hobby farm. We enjoy our horses, sheep, goats and ducks and so do the BCs.
My 10 years of membership include a history of service to the club and breed. A cursory list of my involvement:
- Attended and trialed at the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012 Specialties
- Rally Chair for both the 2007 and 2008 Specialties
- 2009 Specialty: Handled General Information Booth and assisted chairs with various tasks
- 2010 Specialty: Handled BC Social , Handled Rescue Dinner, Assisted at the General Information Booth and sale of specialty clothing
- 2012 Specialty: Chair , Handled all aspects of the Specialty
- 2016 Specialty: Conformation Chair
- 2017 Specialty: Co-Chair
- Member of three (3) BCSA Boards: Recording Secretary – One (1) Term , Corresponding Secretary – Two (2) Terms
- Contributed to Borderlines on several rescue articles
- BCSA Rescue Committee Chair 2007-Present
Additionally, I have been a member of Midwest Border Collie Rescue since 2008 and President since 2015. I am one of the founding members of the Heartland Border Collie Club of Illinois, and Vice President since 2013. Finally, I am a member of the Northern Illinois Stock Dog Club and have served as a Board Member at Large since 2013.
My record of service demonstrates my commitment to the wonderful Border Collies that make our lives complete. I am looking forward to the opportunity to work this next term with the other members that will be serving on the Board. And together, we will make strides in taking this club to the next level of greatness.
Email: Linda Ramas