Tuesday, October 30, 2018 The BCSA will invite the Top 20 agility dogs, owned by BCSA Members in good standing, based on points earned from the period of May 1, 2017 to April 30, 2018 to participate with a “Bye” spot in to Round 3 of the Agility Challenge.
The process for the Agility Challenge has changed as we have made the Round 1 and Round 2 titling classes.
• Round 1: Premier JWW
• Round 2: Premier Standard
• Round 3: For Exhibition Only Hybrid All Top 20 invited dogs are invited to run in the Round 3 run.
However, to obtain a total score, you must also run in Round 1 and Round 2. The Top 10 dogs from Rounds 1 and 2 will advance to Round 3, with any to the Top 20 dogs entered. You need not to have qualified to move on. We will “Rescore” the runs based off Invitational Scoring to determine who moves on. That scoring is as follows:
• Refusal or Run-out = 5 points
• Wrong Course = 20 points
• Failure (e.g. missed contact or dropped bar) = 5 points
• Elimination (obstacle not completed or skipped) = Whistle (score of zero)
• Course time deductions = 3-point deduction for every second over course time truncating down to whole numbers.
• All obstacles must be completed or a score of zero will be assessed. Scoring will be time + faults
Lowest overall score (all heights) will be awarded the Top Agility Invitational Border Collie. Second lowest overall score will be awarded the Reserve Top Agility Invitational Border Collie
*** Anyone is welcome to participate in the challenge event, but you must enter the challenge below prior to the event to be considered for the Agility Challenge (you need not be a BCSA member nor does your dog have to be running in excellent)
*** ENTER: Agility Challenge Top 20 Teams eEntry Form.
FEE: Top 20 Teams – no charge, All other dogs – $10
DEADLINE: Agility Challenge dogs must be declared by October 23, 2018 (separate from the actual trial entries, please see premium for that information.)
QUESTIONS: Danielle Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org