The Border Collie Society of America welcomes new members who wish to work with us to preserve the working ability and health of Border Collies. If you would like to join our Club, remember that we are a volunteer organization and will be very happy to find a job you would enjoy doing.
For questions, information or to submit changes in contact information (address, email, etc), contact:
Membership Chair Kathy Sours
3821 W Charter Oak Rd
Peoria, IL 61615
Membership Types and Fees
Applicants’ first and last names, and city and state of residence shall be published in the club newsletter; and members will be invited to send for consideration, directly to the Board of Directors, private and confidential comments on the applicants.
- Individual – $50: Regular membership shall be open to all persons 18 years of age or older. Individual memberships are allowed one (1) vote.
- Associate – $40: Non-voting membership open to individuals 18 years of age or older.
- Household – $60: This membership is available to two adults residing in the same household. Household memberships are allowed two (2) distinct votes.
- Junior – $15: Junior membership is available for individuals under 18 years of age. Junior members may not vote, hold office, nor be counted in any quorum.
- Affiliate Club – $50: Affiliate Club membership shall be open to local Border Collie Clubs which are eligible to hold one or more AKC-licensed events, which expressly agree to abide by these by-laws, and which are approved by the Board of Directors. Each Affiliate Club shall be entitled to one vote.
- Associate Affiliate Club – $40: Associate Affiliate Club membership shall be open to all local Border Collie clubs which expressly agree to abide by these by-laws. Associate Affiliate Clubs may not vote.
Applicant and Sponsor Information
- The BCSA Membership Application is composed of two parts – Membership Application/Profile Information and the Sponsorship Form. Both forms MUST BE completed. Applications not meeting these requirements will be returned to applicant.
- All new applicants must complete official Membership Application/Profile form (see below) and read the Code of Ethics, Bylaws, and Club Information.
- Each candidate must have a sponsor who is a BCSA member in good standing. The sponsor must complete and sign the Sponsorship Form. If you need a sponsor, contact Kathy Sours, Membership Chair, 309.693.9331, for suggestions. The Sponsorship Form must be mailed directly to the Membership Chair and must be complete before any application will be considered. BCSA members who wish to sponsor someone for membership may contact the membership chair and provide the name and address of the person they wish to sponsor. The membership chair will then mail the application packet to the appropriate people. The sponsor should mail the sponsor form directly to the membership chair.
- In order to sponsor a prospective member, you must be a BCSA member in good standing. You should complete, sign the Sponsorship Form below and mail it directly to the Membership Chair before the applicant’s membership will be considered.
- The Membership Application may be completed with online or printed, completed by hand, and sent U.S. Mail to the Membership Chair. If one of these options is not possible for the applicant, contact the Membership Chair to have one mailed to the applicant.
Information Before You Complete Your Membership Form
- Membership renewal deadline for existing members is Dec. 31 of every year. Memberships will be considered lapsed and automatically terminated if such member’s dues remain unpaid 31 days after the first day of the fiscal year.
- Both you and your sponsor may complete your forms online!
- Dues can be paid conveniently with a credit card via PayPal.
- Applicants’ first and last names, and city and state of residence shall be published in the club magazine, Borderlines, and on the website. Members will be invited to send for consideration, directly to the Board of Directors, private and confidential comments on the applicants.
- Following the vote, new members are placed on the distribution list for the Club magazine, Borderlines.
- If you are accepted as a new member in the last quarter of the year, your dues will cover the following year.
- If you choose not to type your information on a US Mail form, it is extremely important that you print legibly.
Online Membership Forms
NEW MEMBERS: Click here to open Membership Application/Profile.
SPONSOR: Click here to open Sponsor Form.
NEW AFFILIATE CLUB: Click here to open Affiliate Club Application. (available soon)
RENEWAL FORM FOR CURRENT MEMBERS: Click here to open the Membership Renewal Form. Memberships expire December 31, 2016. According to our by-laws: “ A membership will be considered as lapsed and automatically terminated if such member’s dues remain unpaid 30 days after the first day of the fiscal year.” Memberships will lapse if dues are not received by Jan. 31, 2017.
RENEWAL FORM FOR CURRENT AFFILIATE CLUBS: Click here to open the Affiliate Club Membership Renewal Form. Memberships expire Dec. 31 if dues are not paid. According to our by-laws: “ A membership will be considered as lapsed and automatically terminated if such member’s dues remain unpaid 30 days after the first day of the fiscal year.” Memberships will lapse if dues are not received by Jan. 31, 2017. (available soon)